Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's Official: ConXPoint is Cool

Recent commenter Jay Arrowood, who advised me to check out ConXPoint, contacted me to let me know (as I suspected) that he works for them. He walked me through a demo of ConXPoint, and at first blush I am impressed. During our brief demo, I actually signed a document electronically, something I've been waiting to do ever since I heard that Bill Clinton did so awhile back. This feature alone makes ConXPoint worth considering for any firm that does a significant amount of transactional work.

In reaction to my fear that their offering was too expensive, Jay hastened to add that it's roughly comparable to Central Desktop. Depending on the number of users, it may be more or less expensive, but it's in the same ballpark. The user interface is not bad either: it doesn't reek of Web 2.0 goodness, but it's better than Same-Page and some of the others that I have tested.

They really ought to put screen shots & pricing up on their website, because these are not drawbacks for this program. In terms of functionality, it seems to have more of a traditional folder-and-tree organizational scheme, rather than a project management approach. These are my recollections from a one-hour web demo. I plan to try the program for a full 30 day test drive, although I'm NOT impressed that ConXPoint requires you to put down a credit card, and will proceed to charge you if you don't terminate your deal after 30 days. (If you guys want to lure users, there is NO better tool than the free, limited functionality account. I don't have any data to back that up, but I have to believe that it's true.)

After I've had my test drive, I'll report back with further thoughts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi John,

Nice to see you are getting well!!!

Best regards,

Carmen

JPS said...

Ms. Varella? How did you find this site, of all things?

Feel free to contact me off-line at starkweatherlaw AT gmail.com

I hope you're well, and, yes, I'm feeling a little better these days.